Our Snacking Philosophy
The philosophy of FitNosh.com is simple. Snacks should taste great and be healthy.
Many diet plans, nutritionists and sports trainers recommend and even require snacking in order to sustain a consistent caloric burn and mind/body equilibrium. The problem is it can be hard to find truly tasty, healthy snacks.
General Market Observations:
- A number of healthy snacks taste awful (you know that cardboard or saw dust flavor – we’ve all tried those bars)
- Don’t be fooled by fancy and creative labels, many so-called ‘healthy’ snacks are not healthy. Slogans like ‘All-Natural’, ‘Fat-Free’ or ‘High Protein’ can’t be blindly assumed to be healthy.
- The most common thing we see is snacks that are loaded with extra sugar or salt to ‘increase flavor’ (which generally decreases or negates nutritional value)
- Dietary restrictions are becoming more commonplace and it’s hard to find a good selection of snacks tailored to someone’s needs
- We taste test all of our snacks. If we don’t like the taste and would not (or do not) eat it on a regular basis we won’t carry it….period end of story.
- To be sure we’re not suckered by the labels we vet all of our products with a well-known and published nutritionist, Dr. Susan Kleiner. You won’t find any snacks on our site that she has not personally vetted.
- We’re constantly on the lookout for new snacks and when we find them we categorize them based on dietary restrictions. We know it’s hard to stick with a diet so we do our best to provide a wide selection of good tasting, healthy options for you to choose from.